Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Starting Over.....AGAIN!!!

Where do I begin?  I could list off all of the reasons for my neglect of this initiative....but they would only be excuses. Life sometimes throws us curve balls and it's how we either get set up to catch the curve ball or how we maneuver ourselves out of the way that helps us to survive. The goal here is to not let the ball hit us. Well, I've let the curve ball hit me a couple of times and I have shed a few tears and seen some nasty bruises. But I'm back on the field and fully prepared to catch that ball!!!  I've got my eyes closely focused on that damn ball.

I have always loved being healthy....but the past few years I've neglected myself pretty badly. I just can't do that anymore. So, here I am, ready to take this body back!!

First are to come up with my goals:
 - Water is my best friend!!
 - Daily exercise!! Get my heart rate up!! I need to find some new challenging activities because the old ones just aren't working.
 - Supplements (not the quick-fix pills) - Pro-biotics, Vitamin D, Thyroid and Memory Support.
 - Renewed eating habits. I'll admit that it's not the eating that I have an issue with, it's the beverages that I include with my meals.....cutting that out almost completely!! Water, water, water!! And a some green tea!

We'll start here and see where it goes.

Meals:
Today, I started out with a Chocolate Advocare Meal Replacement Shake for breakfast and a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. For lunch, I'm going to prepare a shrimp taco salad with a spicy ranch dressing. I make my own ranch dressing so that I can control the amounts of mayo and buttermilk. It's not free of fat but it's much better than the pre-bottle variety. Dinner will include mozzarella, prosciutto, an apple, and one glass of red wine. All of this will be within my allotted WW points. The struggle will be with only having one glass of vino.......demons be gone so that God can keep me strong!! Snacking will include a cheese stick and baby carrots and maybe an orange.

Activity:
Treadmill walking for 45mins
Elliptical walking for 30mins
(both of these were done at 8am this morning)

I am ready for this change to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment