Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

W1 - Update - Struggling but Succeeding

The past few weeks have been a challenge but I am not giving up. Our sweet little family has been down with a few little viruses which has led me to missing a few of my workouts. But I'm not far behind and, for that, I'm very proud. The first few weeks are the most difficult....what is it they say, it takes 21 days to create a new habit.....and we're well on our way.

I surprised The Boy with his birthday present earlier this week.....our registration in the Cap10K which is on April 10th this year in Austin, TX. We are both so excited, to say the least! A little note that went along with the "In Training" t-shirts, hand warmers, new running shorts and new bluetooth headphones for each of us read, "This is about to get real!" When I told him that his Aunt Gigi was running with us, well, that was just icing on the cake (check out Casa Cosina regarding a delicious cake!)

So, I'm really on week 4 of a 10k training program and finding that it's not that difficult. Most difficult thing.....sticking to it. I really want to extend my time on the trail or to add a few more running days in there. But I'm determined to stick with the program as much as possible so that I don't burn myself out or get injured. I can't let The Boy down again.

Getting back in shape is not just for me but it's for my family as well!! We all need Momma to be happy AND healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment