Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 1 - How did I get here??

Hello there. This is a big step for me, no pun intended. I will admit that I've never been in this situation before and, quite frankly, I really hate that I've gotten this out of control. So I'm going to blog about my "whole body recovery" project. 

Here is where I'm starting:
 - Weight - heavier than I've EVER been....even on the last day of pregnancy with each of my three beautiful children....how depressing it that....I don't even have a reason to be at this weight. So, my first goal is to tone up, do more of the "right" kind of activity and hopefully lose 30 pounds. That sounds like a lot but, from where I am right this very moment, that still won't get me to my ideal weight - according to all the charts. Once I achieve that goal - and I will - my next goal is to lose 20 more after that. Then I will be at my ideal weight.

 - Height - can't change my height but it certainly isn't working in my favor....but I don't mind being "short"...just means that when I get to where I'm going, I should be able to truly wear petite clothes. My driver's license says that I'm 5'3" but I'd be pushing 5'2 1/2" on a day that I'm wearing my running shoes (which have a good inch of a rubber heal). Thank you to the DMV lady!

 - Age - another aspect of life that I can not change. I don't mind being almost 43 years old, I just hate what Mother Nature has in store for me....and I'm sure my family is not too happy either with the mood swings, heat flashes, crying at the drop of a pin, and the ramped up OCD issues (yes, I have OCD).

 - Mind - staying positive and ready to tackle all the obstacles that life throws at us - from my kids' schools to family to my love of learning and how God and spirituality fits into every aspect of my life. 

So let's get started: 

First off, I bet you're thinking, "why isn't she going to post her current weight and measurements?" Well, just like religion and politics, I don't believe in discussing women's weight. It's a very personal issue with many ladies I know and I think where I will feel more successful is by posting what is lost. What might be HUGE for me,  might be just right for someone else. BUT where I am today is not healthy and I need to change it and QUICKLY. 

So, today, 10/30/2013, I am dedicating my life to focusing my mind, body, spirit and self worth on this journey to getting better. Not just for me, but I do this for my family. My daughters need to know that being healthy is important and to not worry about their bodies - just be healthy; for my son so that he knows to be sensitive to girls and their body image needs; and, probably most importantly, for my dear husband who deserves a happy and healthy woman to come home to every day!

On a side note: I love to run!! So, I've committed myself to running a 10k in April 2014 and a half marathon in March 2014. At the weight that I am today, this will NEVER happen. Running hurts....

What you can expect from me: 
1. Candid rantings of my challenges and my successes along the way.

2. Reviews on movies, books, articles, television/radio shows that have inspired me. I might even add reviews of things that totally do not motivate me. I will try to avoid those types of media but I won't have identified them if I don't read, listen or view them.

3. Recipes that are good and healthy!! You all may not know this but I LOVE TO COOK!!

4. And anything else that might fit into this "little" blog.

Goals for the first week: 
1. Start the Slim in 6 routine - I ordered the DVDs yesterday and, since I couldn't wait to get started, I attempted to do a 35 minute workout from a video on youtube today. Click here to see that first video I attempted. I might get in trouble by my sweet hubby for this....this is not the first set of exercise DVDs I have purchased in our 15 year marriage.....

This first attempt at doing the video was a huge struggle. This is when I realize just how much I've neglected myself!!! It was tough but I made it doing modified poses. 

2. Don't beat up on myself for not completing all that I set out to do.....only positive thoughts!

3. Just consciously control what I put in my mouth. I wish it was that easy.....

So, let's do this!!!

Blessings to all my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment